Birthday Card - STB

Hello there!

In today's post, I am sharing another colorful birthday card !

This one is for the 200th challenge at seizethebirthday challenges. I've been playing at STB for a while now, so definitely wanted to enter their 200th prompt.

I was inspired by the colors in their logo. For this card, I have used the iron off embossed resist technique that I learnt from Jennifer McGuire's youtube video. 

Here's how I made it:

I lightly ink blended my watercolour paper. Then stamped the hero arts bold background stamp with versamark and heat embossed using clear embossing powder. 

Next, I swiped across the distress inks. I used DO for the purple color. I generously sprayed water and air dried the panel. 


On drying, I wiped off the whitish residue of the DO with a baby wipe, a tip I got to know from Cathy It did help, but I still feel distress ink would have been better. Guess it's time I got one for myself in the violet-purple color range. Which one should I go for? Wilted violet, dusty concord or seedless preserves?

Next, I ironed off the embossing from the panel. Placed my sentiment (mft stamps) and a die cut (sss dahlia stem) around the sentiment.



Playing along with Seizethebirthday #200


Also entering:

Thanks so much for stopping by. Do share your comments below. 

Have a lovely weekend!

~Ana


Comments

  1. Gorgeous card Ana, love the sound of the iron off resist technique, I haven't tried that but it sure looks great! Glad the baby wipe tip helped too :) I love purples so can't help you choose just one lol! Thankyou for playing along at Seize the Birthday, have a great week, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out beautifully Ana! It's nice to read that you got some tips from our design team member Cathy. She is a great designer! As for your next color purchase Seedless Preserves sounds nice! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday for our 200th celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely use of our graphics colors -- gotta love JM for always having fun techniques to use! Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I'm a fan of her work. Thank you so much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CAS bday card

AAA birthday Game #50- GD post

Birthday Card