Seize the Birthday challenge – Things in a garden

Hello everyone. Welcome to my crafty blog!

 I’m delighted to join in as the Surprise party guest at Seize the Birthday's latest challenge. 

Nancy is the hostess for this week's challenge and topping is- ‘Things in a garden’.

Here's my card-

The stamp sets used in this project are- Humming bird (Mudra craft stamps) and Birthday sentiments  (Kaisercraft). I stamped the images with versafine ink and heat embossed using wow clear embossing powder. I colored the floral elements with copic markers and the bird with zig clean color brush pens. 

The blended background is created with distress inks- mowed lawn, cracked pistachio, mustard seed and salty ocean.

I love wooden inspired backgrounds. I used this wonderful paper 'wood works' from scrappy tales to make my hand cut picket fence.

For the border, I used the scalloped frame from Gina Marie designs.


A little about my inspiration for this card-

I come across a lot of squirrels, birds and butterflies in our garden. I was inspired by one of my recent clicks. This little buddy here is the western crimson sunbird- 

Do join in at Seize the Birthday – we’d love to see how you’re inspired by this week's topping. OR you can just play along with the regular ‘anything goes’ theme if you prefer. 

Also linking my card to-

sss wednesday challenge- spring and/or easter

HLS march birthday challenge


Do check out fun photos / videos of the project on my Instagram page @artocopia

Thank you so much for stopping by! Would love to know what you think of my card.

Take care and stay safe
~Ana

Comments

  1. Congratulations on being our winner and party guest. I loved your card. I can certainly see where you inspiration came for this new one. That is a great picture, and you were able to design your card so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is simply beautiful. What an amazing background and perfect colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful and so inspiring. I would be DELIGHTED to have you come share your wonderful art in some FUN challenges. Your cards are way too pretty not to be shared...come link up. LOVE seeing your creativity.
    Blessings,
    Karen L

    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - My challenge blog
    www.thecardconcept.blogspot.com - DT Member
    www.thefourseasonschallenge.blogspot.com - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing little garden scene you have created, Anagha. Lovely card. Thanks for being our guest for our challenge at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can never go wrong with an adorable, beautifully colored H bird! Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just gorgeous and I love that you were inspired by a pic you took in your backyard. What a gorgeous bird! So happy to have you in our line-up at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and a great photo that inspired you. Love the pretty hummingbird. Glad to have you with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I wish I got such pretty birds in my garden! Fab card, and congrats on being our surprise party guest.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both your stamped and colored bird as well as the real one are so pretty!!! This is such an uplifiting birthday card. We're so happy to have you join us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous scene. Terrific background and fabulous bold colours. So glad you could play along with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty garden scene, love your hummingbird and how awesome is the bird in your garden pic! Love your wooden picket fence too, thankyou for being our special guest, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a brilliant scene you created. So beautiful. Also what a stunning bird visitor!
    Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers anything goes Birthday challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CAS bday card

AAA birthday Game #50- GD post

Birthday Card